First of all, let us understand why businesses need WhatsApp Strategy?
One of the most important reasons to include WhatsApp Strategy for your business is because a large number of your customers are using WhatsApp to communicate with their friends and family on a daily basis. WhatsApp has become the most convenient mode of chat for them and they spend hours daily on WhatsApp. Hence, learning how to market them on a platform they trust is of prime importance.
As per Nielsen’s Facebook Messaging Survey, more than 77 percent of mobile users prefer using chat for communicating with businesses and around 53 percent of respondents say that they will prefer shopping and purchasing services with a business they can message directly. And WhatsApp is their go-to platform for chatting with everyone. So, chatting with your customers through WhatsApp is really necessary.
Especially you wish to target young prospects then WhatsApp is going to be your best resort because 56 percent of Smartphone owners between 18 and 29 years old prefer messaging via WhatsApp.
To help you with the additional workload of interacting with customers, we have made a tool for you called WA Biz Sender. WA Biz Sender is the best platform for WhatsApp, it’ll automate all the boring and time-consuming tasks of sending messages to your customers. It also lets you send personalized messages to your customers within minutes and replying to customers from one place makes it really easy to use. It handles all the WhatsApp for you while you focus on growing your business. So, definitely check out WA Biz Sender.
Now, let’s get started.
I decided to write on this topic because many of the digital marketers, especially the newer ones are suffering from not so successful WhatsApp as compared to other social media. They don’t know how to engage the WhatsApp audience and they are not sure if their WhatsApp campaign is working or not.
Well, you can focus on a complete strategy of WhatsApp if you get started with the right understanding of WhatsApp is and why it has become the most loved chat application.
WhatsApp requires effective strategies to achieve your business goals. The following are the top 10 points you need to keep in mind before starting your WhatsApp Campaign:
1. Businesses need to start out with a purpose and develop a clear plan of action on how to achieve it. Setting up the right goals will keep you motivated throughout the campaign. It also allows you to track the progress of your activities and ensure that you are on the right track. Therefore, think about your business goals and what you want to achieve, so you can set the right strategies.
2. When you do that, you can already look for ways to solve the challenges that might arise during your campaign. At the same time, you can create the right content for your audience, keep them interested in your campaign, and improve on the social media activities that you are doing.
3. Designing your content, choosing the right platforms, and getting the timing right are some of the most important things you need to consider. There is no point in putting effort into social media activities if your audience is not even aware of your presence. Therefore, you need to focus on promoting your content, adding more value to your brand, and create ways for your audience to engage with your content.
4. Keep in mind that the key to effective WhatsApp is in creating the right experiences for your audience. You have to make your audience feel like they are valued, not annoyed. It all boils down to the emotions that they are experiencing. Understand what drives your audience’s emotional reactions and find ways to build emotional connections between your audience and your brand.
5. At the end of the day, social media is all about building relationships. You can leverage WhatsApp to establish genuine connections with your audience, get feedback from them, and create a good rapport with your brand. A good relationship with your audience will keep them coming back to you. Therefore, in building those relationships, focus more on what your audience needs from you rather than simply selling your brand.
6. Monitor your campaign on a regular basis and keep track of your progress. Make the necessary adjustments to your plan if things are not going as expected. It’s important to assess your campaign based on your goals so that you can make the necessary adjustments to achieve your business goals.
7. A big part of the success of any campaign is based on your social media activities. It is easy to forget the importance of social media when creating a campaign. Social media allows you to extend your reach and establish a good rapport with your audience. You have to let your audience feel how much you value them so that they can feel that they are part of your business.
8. To add more to your campaign, look for ways to improve and measure the results of your efforts. If you are doing something right, you can continue with those activities. If not, you should find ways to improve. Social media activities are constantly evolving so make sure that you are continuously updating your strategy.
9. Remember that creating a campaign that is successful on WhatsApp is not as difficult as it seems. To get started, keep in mind the basic strategy behind the success of any campaign and use that to develop your WhatsApp campaign.
10. The most important thing you should know about WhatsApp is that it is not always about money. Many companies are only thinking about the profits they can get out of WhatsApp. However, this might lead them to become irrelevant to their audience, which can negatively impact their brand. Therefore, start your campaign with a purpose. Determine your goals and focus on building meaningful connections with your audience.
Some tips and tricks which will help you plan your WhatsApp Campaign –
One way that brands can get their audience to engage with them is through WhatsApp Messages announcing your deals. These messages are a great way to engage with customers because they require some level of interaction, either via clicking a link or via sending a text back which increases the likelihood that customers will remember your brand. A good strategy is to create a unique combination of pictures, videos, and text to get customers to respond to your WhatsApp Messages.
With this strategy in mind, one of the biggest challenges brands face with WhatsApp Messages is actually getting customers to respond to them. However, if you can find a way to create a sense of urgency, customers will be more likely to respond.
Creating a sense of urgency can be done by using a time constraint. Having a deadline to respond can create a sense of urgency that will encourage customers to respond to your push notifications. You can even use the same strategy when running a WhatsApp campaign. The campaign can have a time constraint, such as giving out vouchers only until a certain period. When customers know that they only have a limited number of times to respond to the WhatsApp campaign, they are more likely to do it.
In addition, your customers are more likely to respond to your WhatsApp Messages when they see their friends have already done it. People are more likely to take action on the suggestions of their friends because they are less skeptical about it. If they are shown that many of their friends have already responded to your WhatsApp campaign, they are more likely to respond as well.
Marketers have already identified WhatsApp as a good source of customer engagement. With the amount of time that people spend on their mobile phones, they cannot always give their full attention to one brand at a time. On the other hand, WhatsApp gives people more time to respond to your messages. When you are trying to generate leads or build your sales funnel, customer engagement is critical. It does not matter if you are trying to convert leads into customers or trying to build a new sales funnel. You cannot build anything if you do not have a solid customer base.
In addition to increasing sales and leads, customer engagement also helps you improve the relationship you have with your customers. There is a good chance that customers would respond to your engagement strategy more if they know that you care about them. Building a good relationship with customers has its advantages, especially if they are long-term customers.
Building a new engagement strategy is actually a lot easier than creating an engagement strategy for WhatsApp. There are many ways that you can engage your customers on WhatsApp.
The first way is by creating a free or paid service that helps you expand your business. The goal is to give something in exchange for your customer’s contact information. The contact information could be a mobile phone number. When customers have agreed to let you contact them, you can contact them directly on WhatsApp.
Another strategy is by giving out coupons and discount codes. All you have to do is send a message on WhatsApp that offers coupons or discount codes for products from your business.
You can also send a picture or video with your message. You can create simple images that have the name of your brand or business on them, and link them to your website.
Another option is to send messages with exclusive content. This can be anything from inspirational messages, entertaining videos, or stories from your business. By sending your exclusive content, customers will feel special.
You can also send messages with information about your new products and services. For example, you can send your customers a message about a new product or service before you even launch it. By doing this, you are making it easier for your customers to buy the product or service from your business.
WhatsApp is also a great tool for customer service. Your customers are more likely to call you or visit your store if they know they can get a quick answer with a WhatsApp message. You can create campaigns for your customer service that let your customers know how to ask for help or what kind of questions they can ask.
WhatsApp is also a good tool to create awareness and customer education. There is a lot of content that your customers need to know about to know your business better. For example, if you sell automotive parts, your customer needs to know the advantages of using your parts as compared to the parts offered by other brands. By educating your customers on why they should choose your brand, they are more likely to choose your brand in the future.
Another way you can help educate your customers is by letting them know the best times to contact you. If you want to schedule appointments with your customers, you can let them know that you are open to contact them on specific days or hours. If you have a lot of customers that will be contacting you during those times, it is important to set up a WhatsApp campaign that guides your customers to contact you at the right time.
In a nutshell, these are the things that you need to remember while making a WhatsApp Campaign:
- Know what WhatsApp is & Why Businesses Need It.
- Know the Available Ways to use WhatsApp Campaign.
- Get ideas from Successful WhatsApp Campaigns.
- Set Your Objectives: Short, Medium, Or Long Term
- Craft Your Message:
- Build Your Contact List
- Create the Right Image
- Deliver an Experience
- Measure, Measure, and Measure Again
- Don’t Give Up, Use these 10 tips to help you succeed with your WhatsApp campaign.
In the end, I’d just like to leave you with a thought –
“A clever marketer will use the ‘playbook’ of the consumer to determine how to communicate with them. As consumers move to ‘open’ networks like WhatsApp, the communication moves from a one-way broadcast to a conversational engagement.” – Andrew Gruber, Mobile Association.
Do not forget to check out WA Biz Sender – The best WhatsApp Software for your business.